Our enterprise zones are a win-win opportunity: you get to grow your business faster; the surrounding community benefits from the wealth and the jobs you create. Everyone benefits. Science Vale thrives on the ideas and enthusiasm you bring to the region; you learn from the support and expertise that academics, like-minded entrepreneurs and complementary businesses can offer you.
Science Vale enterprise zones exist to stimulate growth. We can help by offering the advice, incentives and support that encourage your business to grow – and in some cases by simplifying your route through the planning process.
Why choose Science Vale?
Not all enterprise zones are the same. The financial incentives may be similar, but Science Vale’s support networks and culture of innovation are unique. We’re the UK’s number-one science hot-spot. Here you’ll find the highest concentration of science research and development facilities in Western Europe. With two lively enterprise zones supported by such a powerful mix of expertise and entrepreneurialism, Science Vale has the potential to generate 20,000 new jobs by 2031.
Where are our enterprise zones?
Our two enterprise zones form a range of opportunities in and around the town of Didcot. The largest single site is at Harwell, one site is next to the A34 Milton Interchange, several are at Milton Park and the rest are to the north and west of Didcot, in and around the area of the former Didcot A power station. All sites will have superb road connections and a variety of residential areas nearby.
The Harwell enterprise zone occupies a large part of the 710-acre Harwell Campus, near the world famous Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. Harwell is already home to 200 businesses employing over 5,500 people. Its industry clusters – space and satellite applications, life sciences and healthcare, big data and supercomputing, energy and environment and advanced engineering and materials – are driven by the expertise that comes from hosting five of the UK’s leading big-science facilities.
Milton Park is a premium business park to the north-west of Didcot. It’s home to a diverse group of 250 businesses and support services. The 15 individual enterprise zone sites draw from a mixture of greenfield and brownfield sites. In Milton Park, collaboration and interaction are actively encouraged. Here, cutting-edge science and technology occupiers, innovative business enterprises, excellent transport links (the A34 is just a few minutes away), outstanding amenities and a stunning natural landscape combine to create a happy, thriving community.
Didcot Growth Accelerator
The Didcot Growth Accelerator is our newest enterprise zone. It consists of five sites to the north of Didcot and six extension sites in Milton Park.
- D-Tech: a 23-hectare (55-acre) site capable of providing 950,000 sq ft of hi-tech offices, laboratories and manufacturing facilities – and 2,000 new jobs.
- Southmead Park: three sites totalling 3.5 hectares (8 acres). It includes the Meridian Didcot Business Village, a 2.5 hectare (6.5 acre) site which will provide 150,000 sq. ft. of space for offices, laboratories and manufacturing and create 200 jobs.
- Milton Interchange: an 8-hectare (20-acre) enterprise zone right next to the A34 Milton Interchange.
- Signia Park: the 36-hectare, northern part of the site of the former Didcot A power station is suitable for mixed-use business and industrial development, including offices, light industry, storage and distribution.
- Giant Didcot Distribution Park: a 62-acre site, adjacent to the Didcot B power station, offers warehousing facilities for a range of businesses including those looking for a multi-use site to incorporate offices and laboratories.
- Milton Park Growth Accelerator: another six selected sites within the hugely popular Milton Park.
With the potential for 3.25million sq ft of new business space and more than 8,500 jobs, Didcot Growth Accelerator will make a major contribution to the prosperity of the southern Oxfordshire community.